History of the School
Kingswode Hoe was originally a special school based at East Stockwell Street infant school in 1906 for a class of 20 children. By 1934 it had 28 children of all ages and, when the infant school closed in 1953, it survived as a separate school. In 1958 it moved to Sussex Road and was renamed Kingswode Hoe School.
While sorting the attic, we came across this prospectus of 1987-88. Quite an interesting read!